Reflection 18th June 2017

This is the first foundation plus reflection for the first week.....

reflection 1

Self Portrait, which is the project of taking photo to express my feeling. I was unfamiliar with the city when I first came to London and I felt scared and lonely, even I get lost on the road. In this photo, I'm walking between these building like I'm getting lost and there are no any passengers on the street could help me so I feel scared. However, I have look at this photo many times and I think that is straight forward to show my point so I need to more considerate of the environment I choose and the angle and the body language.

Image

reflection 3

I was walking around the school and considerate the places to take the photo. Finally, I found the toilet in school got amazing color which are black, red and white all these color appear on a same screen can make people feel negative  and unhappy visually so I chose one room in the toilet and put my hand on the wall (climbing) like I'm trying to escape to this scary place. The first photo I made was show the face and hand (the upper part of myself) and the door was half open. Then I thought the light was so bright on my face and also not strongly to show what am I doing. In addition to this, I have try many angles to take the photos.

escaping from toilet

reflection 2

I make this photo in black and white because the color could transmit the negative feeling to the people who are watching on it. Also, for expressing the feeling of scared and upset I just took head and my body language is tousle my hair. When people have bad feeling, they normally like to mess their hair up or bite their finger nails and that's key of showing myself on the photo without face. The environment is quite and empty which can transmit how helpless I am. Actually, this just a draft of my idea and I'm gonna try not to use black and white color because it's so normal and not to make the photo so colorful, focusing on some of the color to make the photo to be different and more content.

tousle hair

reflection 4

I chose this photo to be my final. I have crop this photo except that legs part from the original. This photo shows a person who want to escape from a small limited space which communicate to I want to back home because in London I have no friends in here no one can play with me and I'm so lonely. I don't even know the rules in this city so I'm afraid to make mistakes. The mood of this photo cause the effect of negative feeling but also legs is the important thing to escape so I crop the others.The successful thing of my final is the color the picture but if I have more time to improve it I would like to print many pages of this photo and cut the legs out. Sticking all the legs on the one picture to exaggerating it like a spider but not actually a spider because the deeper concept of it which is if I want to back home I need to study and graduate from the university step by step. 

escaping from toilet